IFS Logistic closes the gap between the production and retail levels, thus ensuring transparency and quality assurance throughout the entire chain of food supply. The standard is suitable for both food and non-food products, and encompasses all logistic activities such as: transport, storage, distribution, loading/unloading, etc. Version 2.2 of this standard was published in Dec 2017.
The IFS Logistic was drawn up by German and French retailers, working in collaboration with other international retailers and experts. The standard, which was specifically created to fulfill this business sector’s requirements, focuses strongly on systematic and comprehensive hygiene and risk management, stock management (first in/first out), temperature control, and traceability.
IFS Logistics is a standard for companies, offering logistics services like transport and storage.
IFS Logistics is a Standard for auditing companies whose activities are logistics oriented for food and non-food products, such as transport, storage, loading/unloading, etc. It applies to all types of transport: delivery by road, rail, ship or plane; frozen/refrigerated products or ambient stable products (different states of matter: liquid, solid or gas). This standard also applies to (un-)freezing service providers as well as for logistics companies using service providers for their transport and/ or storage activities.
The requirements of the IFS Logistics are divided into six chapters:
- Senior management responsibility
- Quality and product safety management system
- Resource management
- Realization of the service
- Measurements, analysis, improvements
- Product defense and external inspections
- Improved quality and safety throughout the entire chain of supply; from production to forwarding,warehousing, and delivery to the retail customers
- Evidence of systematic hygiene and risk management in warehousing and transport
- Ensure good hygiene practice, continuous traceability,and optimal handling of all goods in stock
Audit & Certification Cycle
Normally, after an Initial Audit and closure of NCs, a IFS Logistics certificate of 1-year validity will be issued. Annual renewal audit is required to extend the IFS Logistics certification.
IFS (International Featured Standards) 始於2003年, 最初由德國和法國零售商聯盟共同發起，現在已經發展成歐洲、美國和亞洲的十多個國家的利益相關方共同參與的國際組織。IFS作為食品行業的一個集大成的品質標準品牌，為食品鏈提供獨立的、全球性的、全面管理的諸多標準。
IFS適用於除農場環節外的整個產品供應鏈，包含了食品生產、運輸、物流、貿易商和分銷商以及家庭及個人護理用品等多個領域。目前為全球食品安全倡議 (GFSI) 認可的主要標準之一。IFS經過15年的發展，已經在全球90多個國家獲得190多家大型零售企業和批發商的支持。